INDEPENDENCE FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Our goal is to make Charlotte Independence matches the very best sporting event in CLT and to replicate the energy, enthusiasm, passion and electric atmosphere that we are seeing in USL cities across the country.
American Legion Memorial Stadium’s fan atmosphere can provide the best home field advantage in USL Championship. The players thrive off the vocal support provided by our die-hard fans and we courage fans of all ages to join in chants, songs and displays that support and positively encourage the team.
While fan cheering and chanting is critical to our club’s energy and success, the Independence firmly condemn all forms of verbal and physical abuse and will not tolerate any types of these actions whether they are directed at fans, players, coaches, game officials or our staff.
Fans must abide by the following Fan Code of Conduct. Fans not abiding by the Fan Code of Conduct will be subject to removal and possibly additional longer-term sanctions solely at the club’s discretion.
- No chants with inappropriate or abusive language, including any comments regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc. will be tolerated
- No signs or banners without prior approval may be displayed in the stadium. Inappropriate, derogatory or political language, messages, pictures or symbols will not be allowed to displayed. Our goal is to create a positive energy and experience for all. Any banners or pictures will need to conform to these standards to be considered for display.
- No misbehavior, such as throwing non-approved objects, disorderly conduct, abusive gestures, abusive language etc. will be allowed.
- No flares, incendiary devices, smoke bombs, sparklers and fireworks of any kind can be set-off without official approval and following the approved process.
- No bullying, intimidation or fighting of any sort is allowed. This includes verbal and physical.
- Alcoholic beverages must be consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Refrain from activities that damage the reputation of the Independence or USL League One.
- All other rules & regulations set by the Independence, American Legion Memorial Stadium and Mecklenburg County.