2022 FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
The Charlotte Independence is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, fun and entertaining soccer experience for all guests in and around American Legion Memorial Stadium (ALMS) and on our Social Media Channels. This Code of Conduct exists to ensure and maximize the enjoyment at Independence matches, at all related events and on our social media channels. It is the Club’s expectation that fans will be courteous and respectful to our patrons, fans, players, opponents, employees, owners and referees. This also extends to our social media channels.
Charlotte Independence expects all fans to abide by the following Code of Conduct guidelines. Fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, chant, wave flags and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players. No chants with inappropriate language, including any comments regarding racism, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc., will be tolerated.
- Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting and disorderly or violent behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene, derogatory or abusive language or gestures. The Independence will not tolerate unnecessary negativity or bigotry toward fans, players, staff members or referees in any capacity. If you start or participate in a fight, you will be removed from the stadium.
- Fans respect and comply with requests from game day staff regarding the ALMS policies and emergency response procedures. If you feel as though you have been treated unfairly, please report the incident to Rich Posipanko, who can be reached at 803-524-2501 or email@example.com , and the incident will be addressed as quickly as possible.
- Fans do not interfere with the match. No objects of any kind are to be thrown in the stands or onto the field. Fans are not allowed to enter the playing field. In the event that a soccer ball enters the stands, please promptly and carefully return the ball to a game day staff member or the ball person on the sidelines.
- Alcoholic beverages must be consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age. Engaging in or enabling underage drinking will not be tolerated. Beer will be for sale at stadium concession stands for those with proper identification. Fans are not allowed to bring their own alcoholic beverages into the stadium. No alcoholic beverages can be outside the confines of the stadium fencing.
- Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots. Illegal activities at group tailgates or in the stadium will not be condoned or covered up. If these types of behaviors are witnessed, they must immediately be reported to Rich Posipanko, who can be reached at 803-524-2501 or firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to law enforcement.
- Fans sit in their assigned ticketed area and or seat.
- Fans refrain from activities that damage the reputation of the Charlotte Independence, USL or ALMS.
- We expect the fans cooperation to ensure fans enjoy the team’s social media channels and social media experience free from disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene, derogatory or abusive language or gestures towards other fans, the players, our opponents, coaches, staff or owners. The Independence will not tolerate unnecessary negativity or bigotry toward fans, players, opponents, staff members, owners or referees in any capacity. If you start or participate in this type of behavior, you will be removed from our social media channels and not allowed to attend Charlotte Independence matches.
Charlotte Independence Prohibited Items
Certain exceptions to the list of prohibited items will be made for those fans attending Charlotte Independence matches as a member of a recognized supporter group, and for items pre-approved by the Charlotte Independence and the USL at ALMS.
- Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, knives, pepper spray, stun guns, concealed weapons and firearms.
- Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals.
- Any missile or projectile like object.
- Aerosol cans or pressurized containers.
- Professional camera equipment; tripods, battery packs, large commercial video cameras, cameras with detachable lenses and/or lenses 6 in. or longer.
- Laser pointers or flashlights.
- Remote controlled aircraft or unmanned aircraft systems (drones).
- Animals (except service animals).
- Signs / banners larger than 2 ft. x 2 ft. (or any other item that could obstruct other patron’s views). All signs and banners must be pre-approved by the team prior to being brought to a match.
- Umbrellas (Fans should bring raincoats/ponchos for inclement weather).
- Outside food and beverage of any kind.
- Metal or glass containers of any kind.
- Backpacks and large bags over 14x14x6 inches (subject to search). All bags at American Legion Memorial Stadium must have clear sides for easy inspection.
- Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, shoes with wheels.
- Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind.
- Un-approved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc. Any of these you wish to passout must be submitted to the team 3 weeks in advance of the match you wish to distribute. The team has the sole authority to approve of disapprove of these items.
- Masks (worn in your seat only, must be removed when leaving your section).
- Strollers or baby seats may not be taken into the stands or left in section entrances.
- Selfie sticks and/or monopods.
- Any other items deemed to be inappropriate or dangerous by the person responsible for safety/security at ALMS.
The Charlotte Independence thanks you in advance for your cooperation and assistance in maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment.